Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I hand wash a merino wool, viscose, angora, cashmere blend sweater?

I throw my merino wool shirt in my washer and I have a hoodie made of viscose and angora and rabbit hair all into my washer (call me crazy or just lazy) and it comes out okay, just hang it to dry, but never put cashmere into a washer. My cashmere cami went in the washer without me noticing it, and it's my kid's now.Can I hand wash a merino wool, viscose, angora, cashmere blend sweater?
I wouln't do it. I have ruined a few sweaters by hand washing them. Wool shinks, and angora just does not look the same again.Can I hand wash a merino wool, viscose, angora, cashmere blend sweater?
No way!!!





It will probably shrink, but even if you are lucky with that one, count on those little lint balls all over the sweater!





If you want to use it again, take it to the dry cleaner!
I wouldn't....no way. It would be too hard to re-shape even if it wasn't ruined
i don't know, but i wouldn't try it. go dry cleaning....much safer for such a fancy blend
Not a good idea, you'll kill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment