Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is it okay to machine wash a 50% Wool, 50% Polyester hat? What temperature to I use If I can, and also what ab?

out drying the hat? What temp for that as well?Is it okay to machine wash a 50% Wool, 50% Polyester hat? What temperature to I use If I can, and also what ab?
Hats are tricky. I would have it dry cleaned, otherwise, I'm afraid it would lose its shape and/or shrink, pill, or otherwise not be the same texture.





Washed wool or wool blend will get to look ';boiled'; when doused with water. It will shrink, lose its shape, pill, or smell funny.





If you do wash it, wash it in cold, cold water, with a mild detergent (Woolite)...by hand...be sure to ';block'; it. Stuff it with tissue or a soft towel while wet...but, frankly, I would dry clean it.Is it okay to machine wash a 50% Wool, 50% Polyester hat? What temperature to I use If I can, and also what ab?
I would wash the hat in the sink with mild soap and cold water. If you have to wash it in the machine....same thing.....cold water, on the gentle cycle only. As for drying...air drying would be best. In the dryer..... make sure it's on the cool and gentle setting. Hope this helps.
  • wefixmoney.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment